Monday, July 7, 2014

Jeckyll & Hyde of Greenwich Village- Greenwich Village, Manhattan


             This year, I tried some themes cafes/restaurants in the city, and my friend and I went to the Jeckyll & Hyde Restaurant of Greenwich Village. I assumed all the locations were the same, because we heard the Times Square one had a stage with horror-themed plays, but alas, it was not so. The Greenwich had a bunch of animatronics that sung and did a mini musical for you while you ate. It was a little cheesy, but I found it entertaining. The TV's played commercials of old horror films, and I had a portrait of Dracula behind me, and the place was dimly lit, to fit the mood. Near the bar, they had taxidermy, and specimens, and upstairs was the unused, "Cannibal Cafe." It was closed when we went, but they allowed us to check it out upstairs, and we felt it was significantly more creepier being empty, and with all those witch doctor masks, than down, where there were some people at least. I liked the experience; I might try the Times Square location next time, though. Oh, the food wasn't bad; we had pizza and calamari, but the payment is more for the amusement, and ambiance, than the food I felt. (It was in average portions, and tasted pretty good; but it's food you can also find in an Italian eatery.)

                                                                     




























No comments:

Post a Comment