Monday, July 7, 2014

Dominique Ansel Bakery - Manhattan, New York


            I heard great things from various magazines and newspapers on Dominique Ansel, so I had to try his bakery. Like many people, I wanted to try his cronut, (along with some other dessert), but I had to just settle for the other dessert. Apparently, these cronuts are so popular, that the day my friend and I went, one of the three sellers in the counter told us that they were sold out; they made about 128 cronuts in that morning alone, and over 400 people waited for the shop to open to get one. (I guess being a small bakery, they're a bit underhanded with help), but we still had really good desserts! My friend had a peach dessert with cooked champagne in it and lychee, (you couldn't taste the champagne but I had a bite; it was pretty good!) I had another bestseller at the bakery, the frozen s'more, a vanilla ice cream with honey, that has a roasted marshmallow over it. That was a little bit of heaven, and even though it was a bit gooey, I wholeheartedly recommend it!

                                                                             











No comments:

Post a Comment