Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Mike's Cafe',Vietnamese and Chinese Cuisine- Little Rock, Arkansas


           Back in May, my brother and I got invited by a friend to try out a Vietnamese restaurant that you could play pool in. I'm not crazy about pool, but I was hungry and went along, since I like what I had previously tried in other Vietnamese places. The place is very unique; it looks very unassuming on the outside, but inside it has a slightly higher floor, and the bottom level has pool tables a DJ area where they usually bring someone in on the weekends. The place is very relaxing and everyone is very friendly; it's also open until midnight, so there is no rush to leave. I wanted to try something a little different, so I tried the Bun Tom Nuong, a dish with BBQ shrimp, over pasta and vermicelli. (Oh, Mike's doesn't have an official page, but they have a Facebook you can visit.) It was very refreshing and tasted really good; it had vegetables and nuts on it, and the shrimp tasted a little sweet and tangy, which complimented the vegetables pretty well. (I can't recall what the white vegetable stalks are, but if someone knows, feel free to post it!) Anyways, it's a clean and refreshing place, and very airy, so go take a look if you get a chance!

                                                                           













No comments:

Post a Comment