Monday, February 13, 2012

Little Rock, Arkansas - Chi's Chinese Express (Update)

                  Hey everyone! I haven't done a restaurant review in a while, so here we go! I went a few weeks ago to a Chinese restaurant in Chenal, called Chi's Chinese Express.There is no website, but this UrbanSpoon link has the address for their location, and this Sync Weekly post mentions another location on Shackleford Drive.
       The interior of the diner is simple, and has all the basic amenities needed for a food establishment. It was styled very simply, and reminded me of an industrial cafeteria setting, somewhat. My brother took me on a day when my appetite wasn't very big, so I ordered a side dish; it was shrimp with crab sauce and sliced wonton, I think. (Which I do recommend; it was light and held me up for a few hours without upsetting my stomach.) The place is not something for a date, or fancy get together, but Chi's does have a big and hearty menu of lo mien, dumplings, and other common Chinese take out for when you're hungry. Be advised though, it's made to go, so the preparation will take some 10-20 minutes depending on what you are ordering.

                                                                          
                                              At the table. Am not sure what it's for ~
                                                                               
                                                                                  
                                                                                
                                                                        
                                                                              
         Hey! I've been to Chi's again in the fall of 2013, and ordered lomein. I was so surprised to see that the whole place was renovated! Here's photos of the place in the latest renovation:

                                                                         





No comments:

Post a Comment