Thursday, September 22, 2011

New York City Shop - LUSH

          Today let's talk about LUSH. I first heard of LUSH when a friend took me to visit this past summer. Her friend introduced her to it, and when we walked around Harold Square in Manhattan, she took me there.(It's across the street from Macy's.) For those who don't know, LUSH is a cosmetic shop that has alot of products for vegetarians and vegans. They mostly sell handmade lotions,bath products, perfumes, and small trinkets.
           
          When we went there, the first thing I noticed was that all the workers that day were girls. (This didn't surprise me, considering most of their products are targeted towards females.) When me and my friend entered the store, we were greeted by a pretty hyper and cute sales girl. The girl gave us a tour of the store, giving us a small history lesson about the place and pointing and explaining about everything in their inventory.
            
         The most theatrical event from the visit was when we went towards the Bath Bombs. These are balls made to fizz out in your tub, and contain oils and butters and sometimes glitter designs inside them. When we went to them, the sales girl offered to show us a demonstration of how they work. With a big yell, she said to her coworkers," Hey girls! I'm gonna explode a Bath Bomb!" The reply was alot of yelling and cheers. Well, when I saw her put that bomb in the hand tub, I already knew what my first purchase would be. Her putting that ball in the water, and watching it explode and turning everything in the pail pink, reminded me of a sorceress doing some wierd magic spell. XD


They also had something I never saw before...Jelly Soap! It feels like Jelly but is a body/hand soap.

Overall, I was very happy with the customer service at LUSH, and very pleased with the products I purchased. I intend on stopping by again in the near future. If you're in the city, give this shop a try!

Update: I'm adding this because some people asked me about this; LUSH products can be purchased online at their website and they originated from Britain. Their New York branch is one of many.

Pages:
                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment